Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Post Multiply Effect

A few months back, Multiply announced to the entire world that it would be retiring most of its features that people loved about them, and for me this means I'd no longer have a safe haven to store my photos, videos and my blogposts. Perhaps like Multiply, I too was late to adapt with all the changes happening in the world of social networking that their decision to change affected me rather deeply.

When I joined Facebook, I found another haven to store all the photos and videos of the world. But there is still one thing Facebook is unable to do that made me cling to my Multiply account still - to tell stories.

Multiply served as my time capsule. It somehow became my temporary escape route from reality. Everytime I write stories of what transpired in my life, it's as if I were in a trance - endless stream of memories came flushing both great and terrible, spontaneous learning and realization about life - the trance made me feel as if I'm watching videotapes of my life, which is how I kind of imagined the gates of heaven would feel like when my time to be judged arrives.

Multiply has bear witness to the last three exciting years of my life, which I share in the form of my yearly memoirs. It's in here that I recall the highlights of each month that passed by in my life and just spill out what each highlight means for me.

But now I have to say goodbye to you. You have been a most obedient friend the past three years, digesting everything I have to say about life. Like real-life friends, we find some, we lose some, but life goes on.

Life goes on for me.  Welcome to my world Blogpost!

No comments:

Post a Comment